Data Protection and Privacy Notice
Last Updated Date: 18 October 2022
This Data Protection and Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets forth of how Design Prodigy Pte Ltd (herein be referred as “DP”, “us”, “we” or “our”) manages information, whether true or not, that can be associated with or which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”). It acts in accordance to the Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), and applies to all our services and any associated Services (“Services”).
This Notice applies to Personal Data in our possession or under our control, including Personal Data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process Personal Data for our purposes, and disclosing such Personal Data to the Companies’ authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Notice.
These individuals about whom we collect Personal Data shall herein be referred to as “you” in this Notice. By interacting with us, submitting information to us, enrolling or signing up for any products or services offered by us, you agree and consent to our terms set in this notice.
Why we collect Personal Data
We use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Verification of identity;
- Evaluating and assessing the suitability for job applicants;
- Developing a statistical record of the nature of enquiries generated by our Website;
- Business and internal administrative purposes, such as internal records and references or to process any queries or feedbacks;
- Planning for future improvements to the Website to better meet our visitors’ needs;
- For any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent, for which you may be deemed to have provided consent or are reasonably related to the foregoing.
How we collect Personal Data
Generally, we may collect Personal Data from and about you, including without limitation, through:
- When you engage us for and in relation to any of our Services, whether in writing or through our website;
- Attend any of our events (e.g. registration forms or subscribe to our mailing list)
- When you interact with our staff, for example, via telephone calls, virtual/face-to-face meetings and emails and/or other any other means including but not limited to WhatsApp, Telegram, WeChat, Google Meets and SMS; and/or
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason (whether voluntary or otherwise).
- When you interact with us on our websites, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor’s IP address, and a visitor’s clickstream information and time stamp (e.g. pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
- Vendors, business partners, regulatory authorities, your employer or other organisations with whom you have dealings within connection with our Services, including Personal Data in publicly available sources; and/or
- If you are submitting Personal Data of another individual to us, you should ensure that all Personal Data submitted is complete, accurate, true and correct, and all necessary consents are obtained and/or have provided any required notices to these individuals. Alternatively, you may provide Personal Data to us if you have another legal justification to provide us such information so that we can use it for the purposes and on the bases set out in this Notice.
What Personal Data we collect
Generally, we will seek to reduce our collection to what is needed to complete relevant functions or services. We may collect, use, process, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you when you engage us for our Services. The information collected includes but not limited to following:
- Name, organisation, job title, job function, business contact information;
- Business or employment information;
- Payment information;
- Feedback and/or information relating to the usage of our Services and
- Any other information you may choose to provide us.
How do we use your Personal Data
We generally use your Personal Data to:
- To perform our obligations in the course of providing our Services;
- To manage our relationship with you and facilitate the provision of our Services;
- To monitor, analyse and protect our business;
- To facilitate business operations;
- To facilitate completion of any requests from you;
- To comply with any legal, regulatory or professional obligation; and/or
- To personalise your customer experience, develop our business and/or improve on our Services.
- Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Data or choose not to consent to our processing of your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide some or all of our Services to you or respond to your other requests.
These purposes may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way. In such cases, we may still retain personal data relating to you and use or disclose such information for legal or business purposes, including for compliance with the PDPA, GDPR and/or other applicable laws.
Will we disclose your Personal Data
Except as set out below, we will not otherwise sell, transfer or disclose any of your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and consent.
- Third parties permitted by law
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations from regulatory or supervisory authorities (e.g. police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security, law enforcement, to enforce our contracts or protect your rights or those of the public.
- Third parties connected with business transfers
We may transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with a reorganisation, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Notice.
Please note that our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how they may use your personal information. You should check the privacy policies of these third-party websites before you submit any personal information to them.
- Protection and Security
We implement appropriate technical and organisation measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful use, disclosure, access, destruction, loss, change or damage. Access to your Personal Data is strictly limited to persons on need to know basis.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmitted to us via the Internet as no transmission on the Internet is guaranteed to be absolutely secure and therefore, Design Prodigy does not represent or warrant for the complete security of the information provided to Design Prodigy or its agents through the Website. You understand that you are providing this information to Design Prodigy at your own risk.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Cookies and Website
In the event that you wish to disable any cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, please note that once this function has been disabled, you may still continue to use our website but with limited functionality.
On our website, we may, from time to time, provide links to third party websites. In these instances, kindly note that we cannot be held responsible or liable for the privacy practices and policies of the third party. Please read the privacy policies of such third parties to find out how they process and collect your Personal Data.
How to access and control your Personal Data
You have the following rights where applicable:
You may request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
You may request to update and rectify any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you. To help us ensure accuracy please provide us with updated information where possible.
You may request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You may restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
You may request to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (i) personal information which you have provided to us, and (ii) if we are processing that data with your consent or to perform a contract with you.
You may object to our processing of your Personal data. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent.
You may withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Data at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us. Individuals are given rights in relation to their Personal Data pursuant to the applicable law.
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making
You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect. If we send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, respectively withdraw such consent or declare your objection at no cost. The electronic marketing messages you receive from us will also include an “unsubscribe” option within the message itself to enable you to manage your Personal Data. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving direct marketing materials, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts or information about the Services we are providing to you.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation to how we use your Personal Data, you may manage your privacy preferences at any time by contacting DP at email@example.com.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change our Data Protection Privacy Notice from time to time. If we decide to change our Notice, we will notify you of these changes as appropriate through various possible channels (e.g. on our website, email, “last updated” date at the end of this Notice).
If you have any questions about your privacy, your privacy rights, or how to exercise them, please feel free to contact DP at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 5 days upon verification of your identity, if applicable.
Terms & Conditions
This is an agreement between you (“You”) and Design Prodigy (“Design Prodigy”) regarding your use of the Design Prodigy website located at https://www.dp.sg/ (the “Website”). Your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement takes effect by your continued use of the Website.
1. Ownership And Copyright.
You agree that any and all information, content, graphics, webpages, text, files, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade names contained on the Website (collectively the “Content”) including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto, are the property of Design Prodigy, or its licensors, as the case may be.
2. Permitted Use.
Design Prodigy hereby grants to You a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download one copy of the Content.
3. Restrictions On Use.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You agree that You will not:
-Distribute the Content for any purpose including without limitation compiling an internal database, redistributing or reproducing the Content in any medium; or
– create derivative works of, reverse engineer, adapt, translate, modify, copy, sell, transfer, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Content in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise. You shall not permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of Design Prodigy or its licensors. The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited by applicable law.
4. License To Use Your Information.
5. Limitations on Liability and Disclaimers.
There is no guarantee that personal information and transactions on this Website or on the internet will be maintained confidential and secure. The use of this Website and the Content is at your own risk and Design Prodigy assumes no liability or responsibility pertaining to the Content, your use of the Website or the receipt, storage, transmission or other use of your personal information.
This Website may contain links to other sites. Design Prodigy does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information, data, opinions, advice, or statements contained at such sites, and when You access such sites, You are doing so at Your own risk. In providing links to the other sites, Design Prodigy is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not seek to monitor or control such sites.
Design Prodigy will not be responsible for any damages You or any third-party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage or receipt of confidential or proprietary information that You make or that You expressly or implicitly authorize Design Prodigy to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted, stored or received information.
You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content. You should apply Your own judgment in making any use of any Content, including, without limitation, the use of the information as the basis for any conclusions. The Content may not be accurate, up to date, complete or untempered with, and is not to be relied upon. Design Prodigy assumes no obligation to update the Content on this Website. The Content may be changed without notice to you. Design Prodigy disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of the Website.
This Agreement is effective until terminated by Design Prodigy, with or without cause, in Design Prodigy‘s sole and unfettered discretion. Design Prodigy may terminate this Agreement without notice to You if You fail to comply with any of its terms. Any such termination by Design Prodigy shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to Design Prodigy, including injunction and other equitable remedies. The disclaimers, limitations on liability, ownership, termination, Your license to Design Prodigy, Your warranty and the indemnity provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Design Prodigy, its agents, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by Design Prodigy directly or indirectly in respect of:
– Any information or other content You provide on or through this Website or which is sent to Design Prodigy by e-mail; or
– your use or misuse of the Content or this Website, including without limitation infringement claims.
8. Governing Law.
Design Prodigy, this Website and the Content (excluding linked websites or content) are physically located within Singapore. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Singapore and shall be treated in all respects as a Singapore contract, without reference to the principles of conflicts of law. In the event of a dispute, we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
9. Entire Agreement.
These terms and conditions and any and all legal notices on this Website constitute the entire agreement between You and Design Prodigy with respect to the use of this Website and the Content. No supplement, modification or amendment to this Agreement and no waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding on Design Prodigy unless executed by Design Prodigy in writing. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provision (whether or not similar) nor shall such waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability and shall otherwise be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law, all without affecting the remaining provisions of this Agreement or affecting the validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction.
This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of the parties and our respective successors and permitted assigns. You acknowledge having read this Agreement before accepting it, having the authority to accept this Agreement and having received a copy of this Agreement.